Saturday, January 18, 2020

Finally!

Spring training cannot get here soon enough (and in light of the ever-expanding ripples in the pond from the Astros' sign-stealing, perhaps it had better accelerate a skosh). 

If you thought or feared I was going to pick up where I left off yesterday, in mid-screed at the cheaters within the ranks of the Lords of Baseball, you may be pleasantly surprised when I assure you I'm not. 

At least not today. 

Today, I want to say 'bravo!' to Gabe Kapler, newly-hired skipper of the San Francisco Giants and to Alyssa Nakken.  No, it doesn't make my weather here in Connecticut any less wintry and does nothing to move the start of spring training up. 

"Merit and the ability to be a great coach trumps all." 
Baseball is moving in the right direction, finally.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...