Friday, January 31, 2020

Rue, Britannia?

From across the pond, today in the UK would seem to be a mix of Bastille Day and Independence Day without actually being either. At midnight tonight, GMT, Great Britain formally leaves the European Economic Union, EEU. 

What could happen and what will happen afterward for both the United Kingdom and the European community of nations it is leaving behind, may prove to be two very different and difficult realities. Or not.  

I always think of Great Britain as the nation which gave us (among so many other things) Shakespeare and The Beatles and I forget that it also gave us the Bay City Rollers. Soup is rarely eaten as hot as it's served and even less rarely successfully eaten with a fork. If ever there was a time for stiff upper lips, it is upon us now.  
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...