Friday, October 16, 2020

Weather or Not

Earlier this week we had rain like you wouldn't believe which was better than okay because we've been running light on precipitation since last winter, I'm told, when we got off easy with the snowfall (not I remember it that way or would have complained had it happened). 

On a day with temperatures climbing to close to seventy degrees, I laced up my sneakers and set off for the Lower Falls at Uncas Leap and was certainly not disappointed by how the rainfall had helped turn the Yantic River's mutterings and murmurings into the early stages of a roar.

Lower Falls at Uncas Leap

The longer the day progressed the more the winds picked up at one point very nearly blowing my FC Bayern Munich ballcap off my rapidly balding skull. The reflected glare might have knocked a bird out of the sky so I held on for dear life. 

I paused to catch a breath and to grab a picture of the flag pole rack and the gusts of wind not stopping at Chelsea Parade. 

Chelsea Parade

Pleased with myself and at the peace in my little piece of the universe I headed for home.
-bill kenny

  

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...