Saturday, October 31, 2020

Charles In Charge

Of course, Halloween is different this year. Everything is different this year in case you hadn't noticed. Halloween is one of those holidays that started out, in my mind, for kids and has assumed a whole new life as an adult drinking-and-let's-get-dressed-up-and-misbehave game. 

So please don't think I'm less than kid-friendly, but most of the moaning about how COVID-19 has 'ruined' Halloween for the kids is coming from adults feeling sorry for themselves. I'm not willing to join that pity-party because nearly-seven decades on the ant farm have taught me when it comes to feeling sorry for ourselves, we bi-peds are remarkably capable at it and incredibly competitive.

Besides, my dim memories as a child in a costume with a mask whose eyeholes didn't align with my own suggest the wee ones might not be as nearly upset about the change in plans as we taller ones might be. As long as there's candy (NO Mary Janes or Charleston Chews, thank you), the tykes should be just fine.

Not that you're going see any of them going Full Charlie, or in this case, definitely NOT Brown.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...