Sunday, August 10, 2014

As Fast as I Can

Heading out for home the other work-day, I glanced into my desk drawer where I stow my keys and was a bit surprised.


Yeah, that's four sets of scissors. I'm not Johnny Depp's stunt double and I don't do a lot of running in the first place so I'm not quite sure what to make of the picture or how so many of one item came to be there. I've since checked and I don't have any huge quantities of other office supplies hiding out in cupboards or drawers. Just the scissors.

I mention this should you ever need to borrow scissors, I'm your guy. And there's no need to thank me or probably even return as I look like I'm set for quite a while.

Don't forget there's a Super Moon tonight-I hope where you live you can see it. I know about this Super Moon because the former mayor of where I live it mentioned it to me Friday evening as we were both enjoying Ramblin' Dan Stevens (always looks more authentic with the apostrophe, don't it?) down in Howard T. Brown Park in Norwich.

Friday was the start of what I hope today continues to be a great weekend of weather, even as the summer starts to wind down. I find myself sometimes not enjoying the moment and being in it as much as I should because I am already fearing the end, or the next, and I'm not sure those who espouse carpe diem don't really have it right.

And if you need to cut either the carpe or the diem into smaller pieces, sort of a 'pass-around pack', borrow my scissors and cut to the chase.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...