Sunday, August 3, 2014

Silver Pockets Full

When is 823 the same as 11? When it comes down to a little ditty we've all seen in recent days on-line, Silver Pockets Full, through any number of social media.


It's remarkable, intriguing and completely specious. Not that I would ever have known this by myself (in much the same way as I'd have never known about the Silver Pockets Full in the first place) but I did enjoy the casual coincidence that thinking such a thing could exist afforded me.

I find comfort in a universe that operates like a Great Clock since I'd like to think that the existence of such a clock predicates the presence of a Great Clock Maker. While I no longer believe in the church in whose faith I was raised through my childhood, I'm unwilling to abandon all hope and belief in an omnipotent, invisible Friend, just in case S/He does exist and holds grudges (see Lot's wife and the opposite of a salt-free diet).

I'm keeping my reawakening under wraps since I'm not really convinced it'll take and if it does, I'd hate to provoke a stampede. A parade, on the other hand, is another matter entirely; truth is I love a parade.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...