Sunday, September 25, 2011

Breeze Blows Leaves

After what at times seemed to be a very hot, humid and kinda cranky summer, Fall came to New England this past Friday morning and at least for part of that day and the next, rain and cooler temperatures coupled with dark skies made you realize the seasons had, indeed, changed.

A bit of cool weather and overcast skies would probably be welcomed by my brother, Adam, and the cohort of runners and walkers who will be participating in the Tunnel to Towers Run in Lower Manhattan this morning. Before you lace up and join him, check him out here and read his entries for this week to have a better feel for those in whose footfalls you are running.

I've noticed in recent weeks the daylight is a little later in arriving and the day seems to depart a few moments sooner every day. I appreciate the calendar making it official, but I already knew the seasons were changing and I'm not a big fan of the part of the year we're entering. I don't dislike autumn so much as dread what follows.

But there will some marvelous days between then and now-bracing mornings, gorgeous foliage, crisp evenings and I hope where you are you and yours have much the same, and more. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Charting a Course

Now that we've had three weeks or so to catch our breath (scout for exits perhaps and count our spare change) I heard someone suggest th...