Saturday, February 28, 2015

And Your Little Angel Hung the Cat Up By Its Tail

How surprised would you be if I told you today’s title and coda were unpublished lyrics from Where Everybody Knows Your Name, usually called the theme from the television show, Cheers

They were in the original song, just NOT in the TV version used as the theme. True story and another example of Ruth being stranger than Bridget in terms of the real, surreal and cereal which fill our lives.

I’m doing the perky, smiley routine today to keep me from scowling as I read about Mohammed Emwazi, more infamously known as Jihadi John. I make no pretense of being ‘enlightened’ when it comes to my hopes for retribution, swift, soon and sudden, for Jihadi and his buddies and I certainly offer no apologies for a desire for the revenge I feel.

Not that Mo loses any sleep over my anger-it’s the legions of infidels, armed to the nines, that I’m sure he’s more concerned about especially since everybody now knows his name. 

You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind and your actions in attempting to hasten the end of the world will result ultimately and finally in only ending your world, which turns out may be exactly what you are praying for..

-bill kenny 

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...