Saturday, August 1, 2015

Incurring the Wrath of The Other Donald

I don’t pretend to know where, but somewhere in the Old Testament probably in Genesis is a passage about the Lord giving mankind dominion over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky and all of the creatures that move along the ground. 

No, I’m no longer sure if it was Genesis with Peter Gabriel or with Phil Collins on vocals; I suspect in any event Steve Hackett controls the copyright.

I certainly don’t intend to tell the Lord Her/His business, since in terms of creation, well-done! But perhaps that dominion over all thing should have been whispered rather than shouted. I mean what am I to make of this unhappy happenstance.

I mean the story, not that photo of John Scott Falbo, II. I’m assuming the Roman numeral is to keep him from being confused with a first someplace. I’d just look for a pile of feathers to tell them apart, but that’s me.

We have so many BIG problems in this country in how we don’t get along with one another that I often despair we shall never address much less solve. And then you stumble across this specimen of homo sapiens, JSF II. 

If mug shots could speak, I’d expect him to be asking George to tell him about the rabbits. As it is, Lenny was a saint and JSF II leads me to hope there’s no third edition anywhere. 

Such venal and petty mean-spiritedness incites me to nearly the same response, as I wonder how well that first jail campfire will go when the inmates sit around with their s’mores telling each other what they did and how they got caught and then all eyes and ears slowly turn their attention to JSF, II. The reaction could be epically biblical but should be taken with a pillar of salt.

-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...