Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Frosty Reaction

Folks like Hallmark have a billion dollar business built around cards expressing sentiments that are for most of us at one time or other a bit beyond our reach.

They aren't alone in this pursuit, of course, and there are dozens (if not hundreds or thousands) of spin-off businesses, ranging from tee-shirt vendors who put your words on someone's shirt, or hat (or something perhaps someplace more intimate) to and through sign and banner manufacturers.

Who among us hasn't visited our local bakery to help commemorate and celebrate a significant life event such as a birthday, graduation or other special moments? I'm told there are 'happy divorce' cards, cakes, and parties at which the cards are read and cakes consumed. It takes all kinds to make a world, I guess. We do have wedding cards and cakes, so why not, right?

In this instance, I'm thinking the cake Mike Wohlers offered Stephanie Byron was more a homemade creation that relied on a Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines out of the box mix and seems, from what I read into and take away from the news account, to have been less than a full success.

So much for a variation of  that old standard "If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked a Cake." I'm not a fan of unsolicited advice (especially receiving it), but in my experience, you really can't go wrong with an ice cream cake. Just sayin'.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...