Friday, December 1, 2017

A Sister's Natal Anniversary

Today is my oldest younger sister's birthday. I sometimes find it hard to keep track of all of my siblings' birthdays but I think most especially hers because I, myself, was so young when she was born. Of course, I will admit that she, too, was young at that time, and has  probably remembered it just fine, thank you.

When we were very small (heads at about the height that whacked dining room tables when you cut corners too closely as you ran around the house) I used to call her "Boss in charge of the Dog." I don't think I ever actually did that in front of the dog, or better phrased, dogs, as from the earliest age, she was an animal lover while I only liked them at mealtime usually with mustard and pickle relish.




I've wracked my brain trying to remember the name of the horse she had while living in the Blackwell Mills Road house and I'm not unimpressed that I can remember the name of the road. Assuming I have, or did, which may not be as true as I'd like it to be, I'm confident she knows the name of that horse as well as any and all of the names she may have called me growing up.


Evan has a lot on her plate these days and enough wishes and worries, hopefully in equal number to allow her to sail through the holiday season all the way into the next and New Year. Where, fingers crossed, even better days await. Happy Birthday, Evan!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...