Sunday, January 21, 2018

Past as Prologue

I wrote this the last time we had a federal government shutdown because I was infuriated at that time with the total absence of comity and communication between and among those of the two major political parties. I'm still pissed from all of the BS that went on in 2013 so don't try to take my blood pressure right now. 

Consider yourself warned: it's not likely I'm going to be a one and done on the topic of polarization, vilification, and demonization of someone else's political perspectives even while myself engaging (if not delighting) in doing exactly the same thing. Yeah, that's me a hypercritical hypocrite; I'm probably the problem in this country. Anyway, a blast from my past that I thought/hoped we had passed out of. Turns out 'nope,' was and remains the once and future answer. 



I'm numbed by the political poop from just about everyone who's popped up on my TV since last night midnight when I found out me and about 800,000 other federal employees would be screwed out of an opportunity to do our jobs and to get compensated for that effort.

Seriously, Far Right Noise Machine of the late, great, Republican Party-now you care about our active military and our veterans? I'll ignore the dirty, stupid wars you've been sending our men and women into for decades. Should I tell you about the obscene rate of suicide among veterans that we shrug off and how you've been cutting the budget for the Veterans Administration for years? Why bother? You already know all that.

The Alt-Right within its ranks is the Republican Party's cross to bear-not mine or yours and we cannot fix them or help them heal. Speaking just for me-I don't want anyone with an R behind her/his name to get better at all. And if I have my way they won't.

Here's the deal all current members of the Republican Party seeking office, anywhere within the sound of my voice. Even if liked you (note the verb's tense) yesterday or voted for you previously, the blush is off that rose.

For me to pull the lever (old image-new one is to darken the circle) for you on the first Tuesday of any November with an election, you will need to rid yourselves of those meddlesome priests. Sorry-not interested in why you can't or how come you won't. Not my problem just as how they're wrecking my life and others isn't yours.

Welcome to quid pro quo, population: you. If you don't unload Alt-Right, Far Right and All White advocates from your ranks, I will vote for whoever is NOT a Republican; anyone-even if that choice is a slug, and it may well be. Yep, I will cut off my own nose to spite my face; that's why I have a fresh roll of duct tape to help me keep my glasses on.

Here's a handy list of everything the DC Clown Car helped shutter even as the Art of the Deal Guy who Maxed His Cognition Test did nothing but tweet blame so you know I'm not being petty. I'll go to work tomorrow to close down my office and then make it a point to file for unemployment on my way home (or maybe just come home and file online). 
CSPAN will be thrilled I'm sure by the uptick in viewership; they already know why it happens.
-bill kenny

  

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...