Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Rosaries vs. Ovaries

I would never be happy listening to anyone, including those to whom I am related by marriage or birth, telling me what or how to do any aspect of my body so I'm always confused when (invariably) men in elected office at all levels of government seem to think it's okay to get involved and offer laws and strictures on what a woman, any woman, can and cannot do with her own body to include all aspects of her reproductive rights.

I'm a man who was raised a Catholic so I'm doubly NOT someone who should ever talk about abortion unless some of the legislative initiatives wending their way inexorably to the Supreme Court mandate that everyone must have an abortion. Otherwise, not my table. 

In other words, if you are opposed to abortions, don't have or get one. 

Guys, we don't have the biological equipment required to think we have a seat at the table for any discussion on reproductive rights.   


-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...