Thursday, May 2, 2024

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When I held her head in my right hand as she slept when she stretched out, her feet almost touched the bend of my elbow.

Two days old

She was and will always be my Itty-Bit, my Ichy-Michy even though I am forced to concede neither of those nicknames plays well these days (so I hardly ever use them and never in public. Well, except for you on the Interweb).

At Oma and Opa's

Michelle no longer can sleep in the crook of my arm. There are times when her pace is so frenetic I'm not sure when she does sleep. I more often than not read about her exploits and adventures on things like Facebook when I get up in the morning.

Bet you didn't know I still had this one
She is her mother's daughter. Thelma to her Louise and I marvel at the self-assured and confident little girl who is now a purposeful adult striding through life equipped, or so she believes, to handle whatever is around the next bend.


IKEAing in New Haven
Michelle completed her studies as a music major at Eastern Connecticut, captivated her Kyle as she moved along, and is helping people stay safe and healthy as a member of a hospital in the heart of Old Virginia. 

Wedding Day 2013
And while I know the world will be braced for her, I can't help but believe she'll make her mark. And I hope she'll always remember that no matter how far apart we are, we will always share the same sky and the same moon and stars. 

No comments:

Grandmacore Goes Commercial

The older I've gotten the less often I frequent fast food joints. It's not just an 'eat healthier' thing with me (truth to t...