Friday, May 10, 2024

Nearly Real Life

I found a humorous piece in an online magazine I enjoy that would have been even funnier three months ago. Timing, as it turns out, is often everything.

Just last month I celebrated yet another birthday. It happens annually and as much as I complain I hope it keeps happening though when it stops I imagine I'll be the last to know, if even then. As I've aged I've been less and less amused at what happens to my automobile insurance premium.

When I first got my license at about the same time I was learning to shave, my insurance premiums were high because I was a young adult male. Of those three, I am now only one, and yet my insurance premiums continue to escalate. 

I suspect there was a moment I'm guessing at some point in my late thirties when for about forty-five minutes my premiums dipped. I was probably asleep which is why I missed it. 

Anyway, instead of being hysterically funny, it's more painfully accurate.  

Happy motoring
-bill kenny

No comments:

Change the Pain to Laughter

Sir Paul McCartney and The Beatles once sang, " Can't Buy Me Love ," but these days there's probably not very much he coul...