Monday, May 13, 2024

Swiss Miss Is Already Taken

For more years than I have been on earth (look it up) there was a recipe on the side of the Ritz Cracker Box for 'Mock Apple Pie.' I have neither made nor eaten it, but the box contends that if you follow the recipe you can create a pie that tastes like apples but has none. 

I mention this because Victorinox may be in the market for something that sits on a Ritz as their product, the world-famous Swiss Army Knife, will evolve into an item with no blade. There's no timetable for this transition and I'd hope that while the R&D folks are working away (I was terrified they might eliminate the tweezers, which I love, or the corkscrew which I believe is essential) they have other folks somewhere else in the factory crafting a new name.

I assume they each have one, minus the can opener.

The Swiss Army K probably won't work. I fear the Kellogg's Cereal folks will get snippy and I suspect the drug dealers will not be happy at the prospect of sharing either. Perhaps something simple like 'The Swiss Army Not a Knife' or 'Like Swiss Cheese but with a Different Name' though I fear neither name will actually test well. 

Of course, my challenge is, should I ever bake a Mock Apple Pie, I'll now have to find something else with which to cut it.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

I Have Some Memories

Almost seventeen years of writing this stuff daily generates enormous amounts of chaff (and sadly, tragically tiny portions of wheat) as you...