Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stage Fright

I suppose Loudon III, with Rufus, could relate to Billy Ray's situation. His daughter, Miley, did "boffo box office" in the early fall, as Variety might write (spice of life or not, there's no business like show business), and the difference between the Fox Theater and the MGM Grand Ballroom is more than the number of seats.

In other lifetimes, LIII and I were in the entertainment biz (of sorts). I worked as a clerk in a record shop (AD, but BCD; anno domini but before compact discs) when Album III was released and hit the fan(s). He and I at the time bore, for many, a startling resemblance to one another, so much so that when someone purchased the album and brought it to the counter, there was always a moment when their eyes went from the cover to the clerk and back again. No word of wondering why ever passed their lips.

When you tear and compare him and me now, all I can conclude, LIII, is a little less Kate and a little more German, either the language or a very beautiful native. It worked for me, bro. But I guess all of us can take a page from Albertus Magnus who recognized The Dumb Ox who would write Summa Theologica long before he wrote his first word.

Wordsworth was right, really, about it all, but hand on my heart, sometimes I think Robertson was talking about more than Dylan, Zimmerman and Thomas.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...