Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Question of Questions

When I still believed in the faith of my fathers, I was taught to love the sinner even while hating the sin. Sometimes that seems to be about all I remember and other days, remembering it doesn't seem to help very much.

I was never this guy, but I'll take him ten out of ten times over anyone connected with the Westboro Baptist Church who, all in all, had themselves a pretty good day yesterday before Diana Ross and The Supremes (sort of) in a nation they're convinced is doomed because God Hates America. If you feel like telling them to go puck themselves, this should help.

There's not much to say--I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I can intellectually understand and (almost) emotionally accept how the US Constitution protects the rights of everyone, even those who would destroy its protections. And I don't know what can be said about the members of this congregation that hasn't been said better and more eloquently everywhere else. Between these cats and kittens and The Crusades, no wonder so many have a dim view of Christianity.

For those who still believe, you might want to arrange to be interred wearing a tee shirt that says 'not with stupid' just in case at the End of Days you're standing alongside some of the church's congregants. I have the feeling Jesus' Dad is not going to be especially happy when He finds out what they've been up to in His name. Sure hope they like plagues of locusts and lakes of fire. Sure hope they end up with plenty of both.

And the Lord said...Semper Fi Matt and quod peto abyssus Fred.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...