Monday, August 5, 2013

The Past as Prologue

The patterns and threads of our lives, as individuals, neighbors, citizens of a nation or of the world lull us sometimes into thinking because of the reality in which we live can only be the only reality. 

What if the world were otherwise? What if we made us who we are? Don't smile or smirk. We have and we do. We have always been at war with Eurasia or Oceania because we choose to accept that this has always been so. The names change-the struggle goes on. Breaking a chain, cutting a cord would reinvent the universe.


I found this the other day and it stopped me in my scroll. The child sees the past while the soldier sees the future. Conflict begets conflict. Learn to co-exist or cease to. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...