Sunday, September 18, 2016

Occupation: Part-Time Roamin' Numeral

Today Michelle and I become momentary members of Sue's Crew VIII in support of the YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy (New Jersey) Janice Garbolino 5 K Run/Walk in Edison, New Jersey. You can already guess which event I'm hoping to do, even if I do it badly.

My brother, Adam and his wife, Margaret and members of their family have been involved in this event for almost a decade (actually, VIII years but who's counting) for sadly familiar reasons that we can only hope someday will only be a memory as we work to make cancer history. I'm in it for the tee-shirt when should I finish.

It was quite a drive for us, and we're not the only travelers and I suspect our journey wasn't anywhere near the longest, but it's all well worth it for the cause and the people involved in it.

There's a long way yet to go and all that's been made is a start. But we've come a long way; it's been a long ride. We've come a long way to be here tonight.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...