Monday, October 30, 2017

Another Long Walk Home

I started out striving for 10,000 steps a day and slowly upped the ante until now it's often a lot closer to 15K. One of the things I've noticed as I've aged is that my stride has shortened and I'm not nearly as sure of my steps as I was when first started.

One thing that has remained the same is that I tend to walk farther, faster, and stronger when I'm walking towards something or someone rather than just meandering. On Saturday we had weather to make you think the harshness of autumn will never come, but six and half decades around the block have taught me that that is just so much wishful thinking.

So now I enjoy what I have when I have it and try not to look up from my plate to see what you might be having, lest if spoil my appetite and enjoyment of what I already have.
So this was my Saturday afternoon; come walk with me.

I tell myself church spires were intended to help us lift our hearts as well
as our spirits, but I don't always believe me.

The Cathedral of Saint Patrick stands stuck like some soldier undaunted.
I'm not sure there's any benefit standing outside though that's all I do.

Gorgeous skies, gorgeous City Hall.What else can I do but take a picture? 

Norwich Arts Center is in the spirit of the season.

Norwich Rotary Peace Poles at The Harbor.

Channeling my inner Holden Caulfield on the Heritage Walk

Uncas Leap at (lower) Yantic Falls.
Norwich is not where I'm from, but it's where I'm from now. Judging from the distance and the direction I'm heading, it's gonna be a long walk home.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...