Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Do NOT Quote 'Game of Thrones' to Me

Woke up yesterday as did many in New England to snow. Not the possible Snowmegeddon some TV weather folks are predicting for later in the week or over next weekend but more of the 'excuse me, I'm only passing through' variety of snow event (I picked that term on the weather channel). 

From what I understood of news reports, Boston and large parts of coastal Massachusetts got the cod smacked out of them, again, but since those who drive with that license plate around here usually have the suffix 'hole' after their tag, because of how they drive, it reinforces my belief in karma (did you see how I tied that reference to license plates? I'm using up valuable "A" material here, kids). 

The guy at the next treadmill yesterday morning was furious at the snowfall (which wasn't much of anything in these parts) ranting at anyone who'd listen and at least one person you know who didn't want to listen, as to how this was 'bullshit!' 

I was going to point out it was, technically, frozen precipitation but remembered Pandora, not the streaming service, but she of the box of disquiet unleashed on the world and decided to remind myself it was the first week of March and NOT the first week of May and snow (and other four letter words) happens. 

We got it. Hilarious. Thank you, next.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...