Sunday, March 4, 2018

Unhappy Days Are Here Again

I was born in 1952 as Harry S. Truman gave way to Dwight D. Eisenhower at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC, and grew old, if not up, in the chill of the Cold War and the shadow of mutually assured destruction delivered by nuclear warheads from air, land, and sea.  

The collapse of the Warsaw Pact and the reunification of Germany in the late Eighties was, to the surprise of just about no one, not the much longed-for Dawning of the Age of the Aquarius but more a respite before the joining of the next battle. 

I don't pretend to have any idea what the ending of that battle will look like but it seems the start will come down to Vlad and Don. Cold Warrior that I am, I didn't see that coming but I can't pretend to be hopeful of a happy ending.  
-bill kenny     

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...