Thursday, March 22, 2018

Snow and Other Four Letter Words

Until we reached March on the calendar, I would concede Winter 2018 hadn't been all that awful (and I'm someone with a finely-tuned built-in awfulmeter). But then, as it turns out, the Ides weren't the only thing we should have watched out for in the third month. 

A few glances skyward might have been a good idea though I'm not sure what we could have done to stop any of the winter storms, to include yesterday's very light touch, that we've had in the first three weeks of the month. 

As a relentless optimist, I suppose in pursuit of the brighter side I would admit we could have had wildfires, mudslides, or tornadoes occurring on a regular basis, so there is that, I guess (not forgetting swarms of locusts and/or bees (all we are saying is ...). 
Small solace, say I from my position of honor at the precipitation station.


I look forward to complaining about how hot it is during the summer, eventually but in all likelihood NOT today (and tomorrow's not looking too good either). Meanwhile, I am concerned that for this year's Palm Sunday celebrations, Jesus will have to enter Jerusalem riding a Flexible Flyer. I refuse to be the one who tells the Pope.
-bill kenny    

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...