Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Half a Century Onwards

The day was almost done when his murder happened. I'm not sure, one day shy of half a century later, that the darkness of that night has ever lifted or that we've made the progress, we at one time were so confident we were making. 

Martin Luther King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)
As a white male of nearly six and sixty years, I want to believe that the values Dr. King lived and died for are nearer now than they were as I approached my sixteenth birthday and was shocked, saddened and angered by his death. But I don't know. 

Again today, I still fear my country has lost its way and that we have no one of his stature and ability to help us keep a steady course
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...