Saturday, April 13, 2019

Hold Tight! We're in for Nasty Weather

I love every aspect of the convergence of technologies that has produced what we tend to call The Internet (always with a capital T though I've no idea why) and while I lived for over four decades without it, (we hunted dinosaurs for food and used actual instruments to make music), I have only dim memories of life back in the day. 

One of the great things about connectivity, aside from unending cat memes (and the word 'memes,' come to think of it), pictures of pugs and 'don't try this at home' videos, are news stories from the farthest reaches of the planet that display on your monitor or smart-phone and help you feel a part of a much larger world around you. 

So yesterday when I saw this headline: Flintstone House Legal Drama: Both Sides Gear Up for Fight I almost ruined my computer mouse emphatically clicking on the link to get the story that much faster. I mean, who wouldn't? What's the matter, Barney? Is Pebbles in trouble? Turns out, not exactly a Betty and Wilma situation but more a Florence and Hillsborough embroglio. 

Truth to tell, based on the video in the link and the description outlined in the story I quite like the idea of 15-foot tall dinosaurs in the backyard of the house, though I'm not as keen on the idea of giant 'shrooms (but that may have something to do with unhappy experiences with peyote buttons in an earlier phase of my life). Of course, I don't live anywhere near the house, either, which may have something to do with my feelings about it.  

Geography aside, am I truly and not so secretly hoping Fred, himself, will testify for the property owner? Perhaps. Though I hope she also calls Mr. Slate as an expert witness
-bill kenny             

No comments:

Rite of Spring

The Friends of Otis Library Book Sale starts this Friday and I’d like to offer some words about it that I feel bear repeating. According t...