Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Things You Miss When You Use Their App

From what I've been reading for months, Wal-Mart and Amazon are locked in near-mortal combat for supremacy of the American retail landscape. Every time one of them does something, adds a wrinkle or offers an innovation, the other one responds and ups the ante. 

I'm almost tempted to say 'and all the while we, the consumers, come out ahead' but that is demonstrably bullshit as we are pretty much prisoners of multi-gazillion dollar in what were once considered vertical-combinations-in-restraint-of- trade-but-no-longer-because-we-love-monopolies and not just as board games. 

So we all just abwarten und tee trinken and whatever will be (with and without Doris Day) and see who is the last Goliath standing but, between us, Amazon will have to work extra hard to pull off anything close to this kind of shenanigan which seems to happen in random Wal-Marts all the time.

I'm NOT surprised at the news story. But I am surprised none of the three of them made the video for the song. I think they should ask for a recount.
-bill kenny  


No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...