Sunday, March 8, 2020

Every Whisper

Depending on what time you read this (it gets posted automatically at midnight, assuming I've written it, though I don't know what happens if I haven't), you may have already missed the start of the next annual installment of Daylight Saving Time Kabuki Theater. In my house, it means spending the next week to ten days discovering clocks in places I'd forgotten about with the 'wrong time' and resetting them so at some point this next autumn I can make the same discovery in reverse and do it all again.

Yeah, at some point last night/early this morning, we 'lost' an hour by springing forward so that we could have more daylight in the evening. Sort of like taking six inches off the front of the blanket and sewing it on the end and telling me the blanket is now a foot longer. In the words of the tiny-handed incompetent currently occupying the White House, Fake News. 


But what can a poor boy do? Except look forward to the Early Bird Special a little earlier today than it was yesterday, I guess. Yes, Virginia, there is a free lunch; you're eating it now. Pass the salt, Walt. Shoot me a beet, Pete. We're burning daylight, buddy, literally.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...