Monday, March 2, 2020

How Did It Get So Late So Soon?

Today is Dr. Seuss Day. As someone who spent much of his two children's lives reciting a homemade parody couplet of Seuss, "I do not like you very much. I think I'll whack you with a crutch," cannot say I was overwhelmed by Brandon Griggs' effort. But that could be the green-eyed (vice green eggs and ham) monster of jealousy speaking there.


Not the only one who interprets Dr. Seuss
I suspect for my brother, Adam, whose alter-ego, Pop Pop, continues to enlarge his area of responsibility, there'll be a lot more Dr. Seuss in his and NaNa's future and I can't imagine either he or Margaret will have a complaint in the world.

If you purport to be an adult and haven't looked at a Dr. Seuss story since you were small, you're missing out on some life lessons that more of us need to know and to remember and today is as good a day as any (and better than most) to start to get reacquainted with the warmth, wisdom, and wit of Theodore Geisel


Any resemblance to real persons or events is probably deliberate 
In case you haven't noticed Grown-Up Person, these are really scary times in which we live and a roadmap to help us find our way back home could come in handy right about now. 
-bill kenny

1 comment:

Adam Kenny said...

Still, and forever, my favorite doctor...with Dr. Gregory House coming in a very respectable second!

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...