Tuesday, March 31, 2020

In God We Trust

In case you forgot to take a calendar with you when you started to shelter in place, today is not only the last day of March it's Equal Pay Day.  

Jerry Lieber offered some of the most on-point advocacy on the topic of equality in history. 


"I can stretch a greenback dollar bill
From here to kingdom come.
I can play the numbers, pay my bills
And still end up with some.

I got a twenty-dollar gold piece says
There ain't nothin' I can't do.
I can make a dress out of a feed bag
And I can make a man out of you."

But it took a Waitress in a Donut Shop for many of us menfolk to first learn what women have long since known.



-bill kenny 

No comments:

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...