Saturday, May 16, 2020

Reductio ad Absurdum

While grocery shopping yesterday morning I encountered a fellow consumer channeling KISS unmasked. He was easy to spot as he was walking up a walk-down aisle. 

Earlier this week, I shared a Home Depot with two different very handy people, one bearded and one not, but both bare-faced here in the Land of Steady Habits whose Governor, Ned Lamont, issued an executive order on April 18 for everyone to wear masks, trick or treaters and otherwise.    

Yesterday when I called the Bare-Faced C*ntessa on his disregard of that executive order he attempted to give me a lecture that centered around his liberty and his exercise of his freedoms. I have two stents in my heart, diabetes, COPD, and an auto-immune disease making me a big winner in the COVID-19 Susceptibility Sweepstakes. 

I never suffered fools gladly when I was healthy, and now I'm way less tolerant so I cut him off and threatened to use my cell phone to call the police (the grocery store police? I admit I hadn't really thought it through but was fortunate as neither had he) so he shut up and left. 

It shouldn't get to that and we shouldn't need to tell one another things like that. Ever. Despite what Bobby McGee was quoted by Janis as saying, everything to include freedom has limits and we need to start to make sure we respect one another's.

courtesy of Stop The Donald
-bill kenny


No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...