Friday, May 29, 2020

They Should Have Also Invited Linda Chorney

I've never met Linda Chorney but it's possible someday her luck may run out. I encountered her somehow on social media back when she was under consideration for a Grammy which as an independent artist sort of annoyed (= really pissed off) a lot of the movers and shakers within NARAS. And she lost seconds of sleep about that, as near as I can determine.

I was thinking of her as I started getting ready for some live music from Fenway Park later today with one of my favorite bands, Dropkick Murphys (and a special 'Zoom' guest, Bruce Springsteen). Our son, Patrick, saw Springsteen some time ago at Fenway, while Linda Chorney once offered her version of the National Anthem to open a Red Sox game. Talk about six degrees of separation, eh?

To my mind, everything is everything if you give it enough perspective. Enjoy.
-bill kenny   

No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...