Thursday, April 8, 2021

Elevating Social Distance to a Fine Art

I've received both phases of the Pfizer Phauci Ouchy but have every intention of keeping a large swath of humanity as far from me as my bony little arms will allow me to do. I've been around this ant farm with beepers for a lot longer than a lot of folks think is merited and I fear anything more intense than a passing acquaintanceship is probably cruising for a bruising. 

As things start a slow return to what we seem to have decided is to be our new normalcy it will be up to people like me to make sure people like you don't get caught up in the euphoria of being able to eat in a restaurant or attend a sporting event by having me witness it. 

Actually, if it were up to me it wouldn't be up to me because I don't care if you do or you don't as long as whatever it is you choose is done as far from me as possible for as long as possible (or even longer). Absence makes the heart grow fonder and the sooner you're gone the sooner I'll miss you (in theory). 

As someone who's been practicing social distancing in some form since about the third grade, it all sort of looks the same to me from where I am, which is someplace you're not. By design or accident. Makes no difference to me.   

And when I vacation in a place like this, I not only do not expect them to leave the light on; I insist that they don't.

Gute Reise.
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...