Friday, April 16, 2021

The Ear of the Beholder

I don't play a musical instrument and have always lacked the discipline to learn how to. Our daughter can pick up just about any instrument and get music out of it and there are few things I have enjoyed more in my life than those times I had the opportunity to hear her play either in an ensemble or just by herself. 

I was thinking about music this morning after reading in a local newspaper that the school district where I live is hoping to reinstate a full music program for primary grade students in their next budget. 

Music and art, and the planetarium and field trips all went the way of the dodo bird over the last decade and a half as too many of us locally thought education was something you purchased by the pound like ground beef.   

Anyway. That was not where I wanted to end up.

I started by mentioning music and that's because of this incredible news article. And all I can think about is David Bowie
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...