Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Think This Through With Me

I spend more and more of my life online. Just the evolution of both our society and how I live in it (or try to, if I'm being honest). On a daily basis and more frequently than I first realized until I concentrated on counting the instances, I am asked by a website to prove I'm human. 

You've seen these things. 


I know, big deal. Click it and move on. Food for thought though: artificial intelligence (ie, a robot) is evaluating the answer. So, do I negate the test by wearing a tee-shirt that says "I'm with Them" and please tell me I'm not the only humanoid who finds it ironic if not thigh-slappingly funny that we are actually deploying robots to sure make that we aren't? 

Sort of like that joke about why the thermos is the world's greatest invention. You think I jest?
To review, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. But that's NOT why it's the world's greatest invention.

It's the world's greatest invention because I want to know how it tells the difference.
-bill kenny   

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...