Friday, September 3, 2021

Yet Another Tribe

I like all flavors of music, more or less. I'm not big on Rastafarian country and western or polka thrash metal but just as there are an infinite number of stars in the sky for each of us to wish upon, so, too, is it with music. 

Unless we're talking Insane Clown Posse. Very much an acquired taste, in my book. I'll not only cross the street to avoid them, I'll change the direction I'm going in to keep from ever intersecting with them. Despite, and I admit this freely, the fact they and/or their music and/or followers have never done anything to me. Or for me, to make my point. 

So I can be forgiven I hope for not having the 21st Gathering of the Juggalos in Thornville, Ohio last weekend on my calendar of events. It wasn't held last year because of COVID concerns, so I'm not sure why considering where we are public safety wise this year it was held but it was. 

I fell across an account of the festivities which more than scratches any itch I might have had for what goes on, but it's a fascinating read, as one person described it, "... like looking through the windows of a house you’ll never live in."
-bill kenny

  

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...