Sunday, May 22, 2022

Channeling Mark Twain

One of my favorite put-downs is something/someone being described as 'exciting as listening to golf on the radio,' mainly because in my opinion, there's nothing exciting about golf, on the radio, off the radio, actually anywhere or anytime. 

I'm not alone in my underappreciation of golf, but decades ago, part of my job was to shoot and edit video reports on golf tournaments and that was actually both exciting and fun if not also arduous and exhausting. 

In all the times I covered the sport, I never, ever witnessed a hole-in-one so when I fell across a story about the niche industry that provides insurance coverage for them, I was excited.

How excited, you ask. C'mon, you already know the answer.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Everything You Know is Wrong

Have you ever lost track of time? Gotten so wrapped up in a good book or a conversation and looked at your watch (or, for Gen Z, your phone)...