Monday, May 9, 2022

Som man säger på svenska: Get Back, The Sequel

I live in a house filled with IKEA furniture. From our earliest years as young marrieds in central Germany, my wife and I shopped in IKEA, in Wallau as I recall. There was, and remains, something very 'this is not furniture like my parents have' about what IKEA offers, and for me, that's an inherent part of the appeal.

Of course, grabbing some Swedish meatballs and lingonberries is now one of the attractions when we travel to New Haven to our current nearest IKEA store, though there's plenty of room (with parking) for one, in my opinion where I live in Norwich, Connecticut (and if you're an IKEA site selector, contact these folks to talk about some of the places you could set up shop right here in the Rose of New England). If it helps seal the deal, folks around here love lingonberries (or will once they know what they are). 

Anyway.
As it happens IKEA is not just a great place to buy furniture, it may also be in the running as a great place to sell the furniture you bought from them that you no longer want or need. Or as they could say in Stockholm, Begagnad Reinkarnation (though I'm guessing they probably don't). 

I can see a black-market springing up for previously-used Allen wrenches or as they apparently really do say, insexnyckelDe där fräcka minxarna!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Everything You Know is Wrong

Have you ever lost track of time? Gotten so wrapped up in a good book or a conversation and looked at your watch (or, for Gen Z, your phone)...