Saturday, May 14, 2022

Love What You've Done with the Place

One of my favorite sentiments if not songs from The Beatles is George Harrison's contribution to SGT Pepper, "Within You, Without You." There's something reassuring (if not also a little ego-deflating) about the idea that 'life goes on within you and without you.' 

For someone like me who has a rather inflated opinion of himself, it always catches me up a little short to realize how much of what exists beyond my control, temporal or otherwise, existed before I arrived on the scene and will continue to do so after I exit stage right, or left.

So as sobering as this article was for me and my ego, taking it to its logical extreme with this little play-at-home extension was truly soul-crushing.   

If it's all the same to you, I'll show myself out now and will create an absence similar to the hole in a bucket of water when you pull your fist out.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Everything You Know is Wrong

Have you ever lost track of time? Gotten so wrapped up in a good book or a conversation and looked at your watch (or, for Gen Z, your phone)...