Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Hold My Beer

Some time ago, though not in the distant past, our son was back in our neck of the woods for business and came to visit us as well. Since he flew in from Florida, he had to rent a car (I didn't know he was coming until he rang the doorbell), and since he could, he rented a Tesla.

It was nice, if somewhat spartan in terms of appointments, and, in light of what they cost, I thought the fit and finish left something to be desired. Don't tell Car & Driver, or Elon Musk for that matter, and it wasn't like riding in a Yugo, but it wasn't like being in a BMW or Mercedes. Except for...

When our son accelerated, it was like being in a jet, and not a passenger jet but a fighter jet, trust me on that comparison. But all in all, I've never really warmed to the looks of any of the models, head-turning though they are for many. So, to be honest, when the announcement about the Tesla truck going into production was made, all I could muster was a shrug. 

I thought/think it's more goofy-looking than ugly, but then I found this clip on the Rhino Tank which, I concede is not intended to ever be street-legal, though the joy of being able to park wherever you want, and I do mean wherever you want, might be a selling point, especially in our urban areas, with HOV lanes. And the good news is no up-charge for cupholders! I know, "Take my money!"
-bill kenny

 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...