Thursday, July 6, 2023

Punctual People Are Lost in Their Plight

I retired five years, and a week, ago. The people in whose employ I was might argue I stopped working many years before that. They can take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut. 

But it does bring up an awkward for others never for me, interesting question that I get asked all the time now, 'So what do you do?' I usually offer a variant of the classic Prince Raspberry Beret response (I mean, we're practically twins), except I'm (slightly) taller and not dead (yet) so I've been searching for a more satisfying answer.

I may have found it and it's breath-taking.

“Understanding how the global human system functions is crucial if we are to sustainably navigate planetary boundaries, adapt to rapid technological change such as artificial intelligence, and achieve global development goals,” the researchers wrote.

Time, it has been said, is the coin of life — and in a globally connected society, it is essential to have a thorough global understanding of how that coin is spent.”
-bill kenny


 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...