Thursday, December 21, 2023

Everybody's Looking for Heaven

Today, technically tonight at 10:27, marks the start of winter. 

I intend to be fast asleep when it begins and am sad I will not be able to hibernate for its entirety because it is my least favorite season and directly contributes to my dislike of autumn since, as I tell everyone whether they've asked or not, 'I know what happens next.'

Since I hate winter so much and live in a state that has all four seasons, you might assume I would consider moving to someplace where the word has less painful and cold connotations. But then what would I have to complain about until spring? 

But....look what I've found! Not intending to ruin it, but Connecticut is ranked #20 and the description of New Jersey, where I grew up, is so perfectly, laughably on point it's painful. So buckle up those mukluks, Chuck, because there's not a whole lot else you can do.

"Some people run on a mountain trail. Some like it wild and rough. Some like to fly and some like to sail. Some like the downhill stuff."
-bill kenny

   

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...