Sunday, August 17, 2014

Livin' Large

I may start to take more Fridays off to better enjoy my actual weekend. Yesterday I got up and went to the bakery and bought much many yummy and warm things that made the inside of the car smell wonderful.

Since everything I'd normally have as an errand on Saturday was done on Friday, I was able to enjoy a wander through Mohegan Park and had, quite frankly, almost the perfect weather to do it in.


When I returned I snagged an invitation from my wife to join her and our daughter Michelle on a Thelma and Louise-like sojourn to The Whaling City, New London, for an oh-so-exotic Food Truck Food Festival at the State Pier.

It was held where the ferries and the train intersect-if anyplace could use an Intermodal Transportation Center it is they-and the city had surprise (to me) guests staying over as company.


New London is known as the home of Eugene O'Neill and that's a statue of him in the foreground with America's Tall Ship, the United States Coast Guard Academy Barque Eagle in the background. Sweet.


As for the food, we were spoiled for choices until we came across Spuds Your Way. Baked potato, butter, chives, sour cream, bacon and steak. Yum.


I was so full I could barely hold on to the helm. And if I had been able to get my hands (and mouth and lips) around one of those grilled cheese sammiches from a little farther down the pier, I dare not guess as to who would be in this picture, except it wouldn't be me.


-bill kenny

No comments:

Kyrie Eleison

Today marks the start of my seventy-second revolution around the sun. To be honest, there were times this past year when I didn't think ...