Friday, December 30, 2016

For the Last Friday of 2016, Ever

This is the time of year when so many of us make resolutions for our own and the betterment of others to be executed "in the new year" which starts (!!) the day after tomorrow. Talk about little cats' feet, eh? 

Some write them down, others post them here online. Considering how quickly some of them fall by the wayside, they should be on whatever on-line thing only allows them to exist for ten minutes or so. There's an application that actually does just that. I read about it and millions use it, but there are too many now for me to keep track of that kind of stuff. Besides, I have a memory that does the same thing, if you want to get technical.

Not sure how we decided this is the season for resolutions or how those who make them can minimize the all too real risk that many of them end up in the dustbin of history by this time next week.As you can probably tell, I've given up making them (not trying to get better or to be better just the whole "I Resolve" schtick) but I still have a great deal of regard for you if you make them (and even more if you keep them).

I've saved this from a while ago to stiffen and steady whatever resolve I may feel about trying to be better because I need all the help I can get and visual aids are always welcome.


I think it's enough incentive for each of us separately, and perhaps altogether, to dig a little deeper and try a little harder as one year ebbs into the next year's flow.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...