Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Be You Or Not

I must have missed the memo. It seems on both sides of the political divide we've decided it's okay to deploy economic boycotts against businesses and persons who don't share our beliefs and taking it one step farther, outing or 'doxxing' I think it's called now, of people whose beliefs and values differ from our own. 

I remember as kids when we saw someone we didn't like walking on the sidewalk towards us, we used to cross the street to avoid having contact with them and our moms would admonish us when 'you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' It would appear that ship has sailed and these days we run towards one another hurling expletives and (perhaps) loose stones as we approach. 



At noon on a sunny day, everybody's shadow is the same height and when we are buried, our graves are at the same depths. Do the math and maybe try harder to get along.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...