Monday, September 30, 2019

So Where's the Gecko

If Autumn and Winter could be like the weekend we just had here in Southeastern Connecticut, you would never hear a word of complaint from me (and just because I would whisper very softly (mainly because I can't)). 

We had beautiful blue skies with some scattered clouds and a light breeze and temperatures in the low to mid-Seventies. Yes, the leaves are changing and I am a little sad about that but the colors are so brilliant I can't help but enjoy them.


Ah, this is the life I said as I walked down our Broadway in Norwich Connecticut, past the Cafe Otis (open on Sundays) and Craftsman Cliff Roasters (Matt has earned his day of rest), passing the Monocle and the Wauregan and crossing at the intersection with the Shannon Building and then hanging the left up Franklin Street enjoying my reflection in the windows (since few others would) of Apollo Cycle and Foundry 66 heading back up the hill to home past Chelsea Parade.  

And the most amazing part, suggesting to me I might be living in a staged reality....while walking down Broadway just ahead of the Cathedral of Saint Patrick, a shirt-sleeved/blue-jeaned guy with a backward Dallas Cowboys ballcap riding an ice blue Harley Davidson rumbled by on his way to who-knows-where, looking for adventure and blaring from his radio I assume located somewhere between the handlebars was David Coverdale and Whitesnake. All that was missing was the block lettering as the street faded to black.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...