Every time we pause to think of ourselves as the Crown of Creation, which (by the way) I truly believe we are since we have the only ballots cast in that election, Mother Nature pops up with a hurricane, a blizzard, a typhoon, or a rain of frogs (or was that The Lord? I get confused) to take us down a peg or more.
Physarum polycephalum or The Blob has, as I read this article, been around for a million or more years, so I guess that means I'd get up and give it my seat on the subway and it seems to have skills and abilities I will never possess.
I thought of a particular Frank Zappa song when I read the article but let's face it that's pretty hard to hum so, after reading about its preferred habitat, I changed my mind to something I think that's more suitable.
-bill kenny
Ramblings of a badly aged Baby Boomer who went from Rebel Without a Cause to Bozo Without a Clue in, seemingly, the same afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One or the Other
Leaf peeping isn't the only thing we do in New England in Autumn. Upper Yantic Falls, Norwich, Connecticut Not everyone has the time to...
-
I wrote this five years ago in an effort to make sense of the unfathomable horror of the darkest day on the calendar in my lifetime. It...
-
My thug name is 'Willie the Whiner,' because of my non-stop lamentations about our weather, no matter what our weather is at any giv...
-
You may not have yet started to notice, but the days are getting shorter--yes, I know, hot summer nights and all that, but since we've h...

No comments:
Post a Comment