Saturday, October 19, 2019

Another Somber Road Trip

We're up early in my house today and out on the road headed to the Jersey Shore. As a carefree kid at Rutgers I can recall hitting the shore throughout the late spring and summer weekends (and depending on the class, maybe some spring weekdays too). The days and the promise they seemed to contain stretched on and on to beyond the horizon.

But we all grow up or old, in my case. I think the last time I made this drive, Sigrid and I were heading to a memorial service for my Mom. One of the brighter moments of that day was reuniting with nearly all of my cousins (Mom came from a big family) and especially those of Mom's younger sister (and sole surviving sibling) Clare and grabbing some group happy snaps so they could share them with their mom.


Time moves on and memories fade. Today we'll gather to celebrate and remember Clare's life. There will be. I know, some tears, some smiles and some memories shared by and with her children and perhaps her grandchildren as we keep her in our thoughts as those closest and dearest to her hold her in their hearts
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...