Thursday, October 31, 2019

Season to Taste

The other day, getting a coffee while out on an errand, the young person behind the counter (his name tag said he was the manager), handed me the Styrofoam cup and my change while offering 'if I don't see you have a happy holiday.' 

Non-plussed I stammered that I was hoping to be back in his shop before Christmas.

Christmas?! 


HA! He was thinking more Halloween, he explained patiently as if an elderly pinhead in line purchasing coffee today couldn't grasp the concept. Well, boo to you buddy boy, guess which Jacob Marley stunt double will be buying his coffee elsewhere while out running on America (or something). 

But you go ahead and have a Merry Little Chri---nevermind. Have some candy corn on me.


-bill kenny

No comments:

Choosing Cancer or Polio

There’s a big to-do right now about the movie, “Civil War” described as ‘A journey across a dystopian future America, following a team of mi...