Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Somewhere The Scooter Smiles

My timing doesn't leave much of a margin for error but it worked out again in my favor so I'm grateful. The DFB season played before empty stadia across Germany for the last eight weeks or so, concluded this past Saturday. 

At least the First Division did, with their little brothers the Second Division concluding on Sunday, leaving only the two-game playoff between the first division absteiger, the sixteenth-place finisher, SV Werder Bremen, who will meet the second division's aufsteiger, the third-place finisher, 1 FC Heidenheim, to see who either stays or joins the first division.

And then there will be silence on the soccer pitch for me for a while but luckily, perhaps, The Lords of Baseball have graciously agreed with their labor force to conduct a truncated sort of season, without fans in the stands, that will set the stage for some kind of a post-season, at least that's what we're being told. And it should all happen lickety-splitly. I can barely contain my enthusiasm.


On the other hand as the old saying goes (at least as I've heard it), bad baseball is a lot like bad sex; at least you can have bad pizza afterward. Or words to that effect. While out shopping yesterday, face-masked and appropriately social-distanced, I came across another beverage just in time for Opening Day, and all I could say was Holy Cow!


Talk about signs and wonders. I still miss listening to him as he shared birthdays greetings and anniversary wishes between batters while glowing like the metal on the edge of the knife
-bill kenny 

  

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...